Lots of bugs fixes as well. I’m uploading this especially since I
had to make a change to the database structure and didn’t want to get
too many installs out there. They would have had to reinstall the
database for the newer version to work.
Biggest changes are the ability to change one’s password, email
notification to the admin upon a new player joining, other players can
no longer see your private information, lots of minor bug fixes, and
Feb 23, 2006 (Clean up the mess mix)
* Add the Daily Tomato and created a sub theme around it.
* Day script finished
* Game Admin now gets an email when a new company is created.
* Game Admin now gets an email when the daily script is run.
* Store Class now puts weight on the store’s popularity.
* Created db.php.example so upgraders wouldn’t copy over their previous version of db.php
* Moved the most commonly used functions into the common.php file. (I’m amazed. It actually worked.)
* Improved security throughout the code.
* You can no longer see the non-public information about your competitors. (I’m a sneaky bastard) I’ll add spying later.
* Reworked the logout routine to destroy thte information within the php session as well as unset the session.
* Worked on the Add Features routine.
* The Day script now gives off output. You need to adjust your cron to
make this go to the /dev/null. (It’s about 200k in size on my testbed)
* Added a style sheet to the template.
* Added the View your profile page. (Not much there though.)
* Added the ability to edit your password. (Even I wanted that. 🙂
* Added a company description field and a method to edit it.
* Fixed the missing company name on the company creation page.
* Fixed incorrect player count within the sql file.
* Fixed missing template on buildthatsucker.php if player ran out of space.
* Corrected typos galore.
* Sat here and played the game for a couple of hours. Fixed a bunch of stuff that I came across.
* Fixed some errors in the *.sql file. Sorry folks, but you’re going to have to reinstall the db on this one.
Play it here: