Alien Assault Traders
is now once again up and running. Still running the 2.1 code as the .3
beta is still not available for download. I’ll go back later this week
and work on adding in some mods and themes for it.
It’s basically a space trading game. You start off with a very basic
ship, look for ports to make runs between, colonize planets, etc. There
is a fairly detailed instruction set within the game if you get stuck
or you can ask for help in the forums.
The To Do list stands at 90 items.
A guy “snagged an Xbox 360 console from the Dave & Buster’s
ticket redemption center after racking up an amazing 85,000 tickets by
regularly defeating skill games like Slide Master and Throttle Up over
the course of several months.”
read more | digg story
Urban Dead – A Free Massively Multi-Player Web-Based Zombie Apocalypse.
Urban Dead is a browser-based, grid-mapped, free-to-play
multi-player game where you play the survivor or victim of a zombie
outbreak in a quarantined city centre.
== Alpha v0.03.03 Released ==
”’March 2, 2006′” (Lets see what we’re cooking)
* If you submit a bug report, please include the page you are having an
issue with and what you did to get there. It would help.
* I’ve gone ahead and started a pair of mailing lists through
SourceForge. Do note that you do not have to be a member of SourceForge
to sign up for them.
More Info: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=146046
phpsupermarket-announcements: For release announcements
phpsupermarket-general: Pretty much anything else.
* Created a ban IP mechanism. Need to do an interface though.
* Added an optional security image for the signup script. Make sure you
read the upgrade.txt file on how to update your db.php file to turn
* Added the forums. They sort of work…
* Made an adjustment in the player’s level so that I can create admins later on.
* Adding sorting to the communities list.
* Added company name and email address to the email admin gets when a new player signs up.
* Store Managers have been added to the game. You can hire them, train
them if needed (This takes 8 weeks to complete) and assign them to your
stores. You can even fire them if you want. They do have a fairly
decent effect on your store sales.
* You now get billed 5% of your square footage for electric fees per week.
* Corrected the link in the footer to the home page of the project. (Bug 1439620)
* Removed ‘1′, ‘0′, ‘l’, ‘o’, and ‘i’ from the security image script to avoid confusion.
* Reformatted display numbers to show commas for the thousands place. (Bug 1434685)
* Dealt with the issue of the menu column displaying twice during
errors during player signup. I think I got them all. (Bug 1434308)
* Fixed the store counts within communities within the *.sql install file. (Bug 1434684)
* Upgrade script will correct store counts for already installed games (Bug 1440495)
* Cashiers are now being paid. (Oops) Fixed in buildthatsucker.php as
well as the upgrade script. Can’t believe I missed that… (Bug 1440969)
* The forum was not doing line breaks correctly. I’m hoping that this is fixed. (Bug 1440997)
* Fixed the issue with company name not being shown in the webpage
after a new company has been created as well as within the email sent
to the game admin. Fixed AGAIN! (Bug 1441007)
* Adjusted the size of the email address within the players table. I
guess 25 characters isn’t enough. Sorry about that. (Bug 1441015)
* Fixed the issue in the viewcommunities page where it was presenting
you a link to build a store when there wasn’t one available. Fixed this
as well in the buildstore.php page. (Bug 1440517)
* For some reason, when you incorrectly created a store that was too
large or didn’t have enough money, the script would erase the data that
it was holding on the store so you always wound up in sector 1. Fixed I
think. (Bug 1440734) Still don’t know where that one came from as it
was something I made sure that worked before the release.
* Fixed a minor bug in the displaycompanies.php file that would list the stores in the incorrect order.
* Upgraded the SQL install file to include the badips, topics, and posts tables.
* Added the first name and last name tables to the file.
* Added the store managers table to the file.
* Started a method of upgrading. It might even work.
Get it from here and play it online here.
Lots of bugs fixes as well. I’m uploading this especially since I
had to make a change to the database structure and didn’t want to get
too many installs out there. They would have had to reinstall the
database for the newer version to work.
Biggest changes are the ability to change one’s password, email
notification to the admin upon a new player joining, other players can
no longer see your private information, lots of minor bug fixes, and
Feb 23, 2006 (Clean up the mess mix)
* Add the Daily Tomato and created a sub theme around it.
* Day script finished
* Game Admin now gets an email when a new company is created.
* Game Admin now gets an email when the daily script is run.
* Store Class now puts weight on the store’s popularity.
* Created db.php.example so upgraders wouldn’t copy over their previous version of db.php
* Moved the most commonly used functions into the common.php file. (I’m amazed. It actually worked.)
* Improved security throughout the code.
* You can no longer see the non-public information about your competitors. (I’m a sneaky bastard) I’ll add spying later.
* Reworked the logout routine to destroy thte information within the php session as well as unset the session.
* Worked on the Add Features routine.
* The Day script now gives off output. You need to adjust your cron to
make this go to the /dev/null. (It’s about 200k in size on my testbed)
* Added a style sheet to the template.
* Added the View your profile page. (Not much there though.)
* Added the ability to edit your password. (Even I wanted that. 🙂
* Added a company description field and a method to edit it.
* Fixed the missing company name on the company creation page.
* Fixed incorrect player count within the sql file.
* Fixed missing template on buildthatsucker.php if player ran out of space.
* Corrected typos galore.
* Sat here and played the game for a couple of hours. Fixed a bunch of stuff that I came across.
* Fixed some errors in the *.sql file. Sorry folks, but you’re going to have to reinstall the db on this one.
Play it here:
I’ve gone ahead and moved the phpSuperMarketTycoon wiki off of Sourceforge
and over to one of my servers. SF kept timing out all the time and it’s
a pain. Hopefully things will move quicker on it now. I’ve been working
on a few articles for it as well.
The build a store script is done. I’ll test it tomorrow, kick out a few stores for the NPCs, and try to finish up the Day script sometime soon.
I’m hoping to have a final alpha release by no later than monday.
OK, you can stop laughing now. 🙂